Applied Computer Vision Researcher (Deep Learning)
Rephrase is a Techstars backed company building generative AI platform to ease video creation. We are building an engine that takes text as input, and automatically creates a video of a human character, speaking that text. For us, this is just the start. Our vision is to build a system that takes a Hollywood script as input and automatically renders an entire film as output. This would involve multiple characters, the interaction between those characters, and many other complex movements. We are starting by perfecting the creation of front face videos (people looking directly into the camera).
Rephrase.ai platform can be used by HR to create training videos, ed-tech companies to economically create thousands of videos, personalizing videos for sales, making characters speak in AR/ VR, giving a face to digital assistants, A/B testing digital ads to increase marketing ROI amongst other applications. This is the holy grail of computer vision, and we find this an incredibly exciting technical challenge to solve. Our current technology results are at the cutting edge of what’s possible with AI, and we are hiring for the role of Applied Computer Vision (Machine Learning) researcher. We are hiring for five open positions in Computer Vision across different levels of experience.
As one of our first engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of the company and work on challenging technical problems as a direct extension of the founding team. Your rough estimate day would be to:
- Read the state of the art computer vision research papers and implement them
- Based on the results brainstorm with the team the improvements we can make to the models
- Understand how our constraints and requirements are unique to build custom productionisable models
- For senior positions, we expect a Ph.D. in Computer Vision and/or 5+ years of CV experience.
- For junior/middle positions, some practical experience in Computer Vision is a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of computer science like linear algebra, formulating optimization problems, etc. would be a plus point.
- Above all, we will look for a passion for working in a fast-paced startup environment and solving challenging problems.
As you can expect from our lofty ambitions, we are creating a team of the best computer vision experts in the world. If you share our vision of a video-first future and are interested in pushing the boundaries of AI, please apply on AngelList, LinkedIn or reach out to us at email@example.com .